August 22, 2008

The Latest News

So, what's new?!?! Well, I'll start with the fact that we had an ultrasound done about 2 weeks ago and it confirmed that our baby boy is big! While the ultrasound is not always completely accurate, it still gives a good idea of what we can expect. It estimated our little boy to weigh about 8 pounds at 35 weeks! With the 90th percentile! Give or take a pound and we are almost certain that he is in the 7-9 pound range at that point. SO my doctor and I ahve been having discussions about what this will mean for me and my labor. We have run several extra tests, like the glucose screening, jsut to double check, and everything is checking out fine. It jsut looks liek Chadwick and are good at producing future College Linebackers! Now the debate will be CU or Michigan!
So right now we are playing it by ear each day as to what the next steps are. My doc won't do anything like induce until at least 39 weeks and even then there are other issues to consider. So we are having anohte ultrasound on Aug. 29th to check his size one more time and then we will make a decision from there. I'll try to keep everyone posted.
In the meantime, Chadwick keeps trying different methods of his own to induce labor. Some will go unmentioned, but he tries to convince me every day to drink castor oil or eat spicy food. Other days he tries to get me to go for 2 mile long walks where i waddle around the lake by our house. And he has now discovered the pressure point in my ankles that supposedly can induce labor....but hey, I get a foot rub out of it right?!?!
So for now, jsut one day at a time. I do have a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent. And i definitely don't sleep well anymore. But I guess it's all jsut preparation for when our big "little" guy gets here. Ok, that's it for now. Enjoy a couple of pics below.
The bed skirt Grandma Kathie made. Pic doesn't do it jsutice, but it's super cute!



My use of existing wall decorations....plus some sports memorabilia!

No comments: